The Discovery Phonogram Cards are an essential teaching tool to help children understand letters and sounds. A fun and innovative speech pathology and educational research-based resource to assist young children to develop skills in pre-phonics, pre-reading and pre-writing.
Discovery Phonogram Cards encourage a multisensory and, most importantly, fun learning experience through seeing, hearing, saying and drawing letters.
The pack includes 32 easy-to-use Discovery Phonogram Cards, plus detailed instructions and tips.
Intermediate Pack 2 builds on Beginner Pack 1 and is suitable for all ages, but is especially useful for young children in the prior-to-school years.
- Encourages discovery of key sound and speaking options represented by letters and letter combinations (e.g. sh, ch).
- Promotes meaningful engagement of children’s senses through looking, listening, talking, and drawing to make discoveries about sound and speech patterns.
- Includes instructions and creative ideas, making it easy to play with both indoors and outdoors.
- Designed to fit into existing play experiences, shared book reading, games and activities with ease.
- Provides children with the confidence to explore and discover sound and letter connections ready for formal literacy learning.